Social Forum on Energy Efficiency and Climate Change (September 30, 2009. Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation, Moscow)
The Forum is an informal association of representatives of the general public and business and scientific communities. It is aimed to ensure active involvement of civil society in the development and implementation of proposals to improve energy efficiency and accelerate innovative sustainability in Russia.
In the course of the Social Forum, representatives spoke on the part of
- state structures (Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environment Monitoring, Russian Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology, and others);
- the business community (Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, Russian Commerce and Trade Chamber, and others);
- the expert community and the general public (Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow State University, Higher School of Economics State University, Energy Forecasting Agency, Greenpeace Russia, WWF Russia, Center for Russian Environmental Policy, etc.).
A number of expert developments were presented as follows:
- Energy Efficiency, Climate Change, and Low-Carbon Development;
- Promotion of Power Engineering Based on Renewable Sources;
- Expansion of Joint Implementation Projects.