The Scientific and Expert Center for Sustainable Development and the Health of the Environment (Center) is created to conduct research and expert development in areas of significant theoretical and practical interest in the field of the health of the environment assessment and sustainable development research.
The Center was created at the Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Science (IDB RAS). The Center is a structural unit of the IDB RAS, uniting scientists and experts in the field of developmental biology, ecology and development research.
The main focus of the activity is the development of practical projects in the field of environmental assessment and development research.
Goals and objectives of the Center
- Conducting research and expert development in the field of environmental assessment and development research.
Tasks of the Center:
- Development of a methodology and technology for assessing health of the environment;
- Conducting a practical assessment of health of the environment;
- Development of ecological and biological foundations for development;
- Expert development and preparation of proposals in the field of environmental assessment and development research;
- Preparation of publications, including periodicals;
- Education and enlightenment;
- Coordination of work with various research and educational centers: creation of working groups, ongoing workshops;
- Organization of interregional and international cooperation.
In order to ensure goals and objectives, the Center organizes and conducts research, provides consulting services, carries out expert development and projects, holds conferences, seminars and round tables, interacts with scientific, educated and other national and foreign organizations.